Nowadays, facing a global pandemic many companies were forced to embrace work-from-home solutions. For some, the transition is here to stay. According to a recent study conducted by Flexjobs, the number of people working from home at least part-time work has increased by 44% over the last five years. Working remotely has definitely caused a lot of companies to change their working style and enjoy the benefits by cutting on office costs, commuting costs, business meeting and much more. With the increased numbers of business hiring remote workers making it working from anywhere you please the “new normal” we face the BIG challenge – “How to properly track your employees’ work? “
Hubstaff is an easy-to-use time tracking tool that allows business owners and managers to track employee progress on projects. Founded in 2012 with only one goal “Helping teams around the world to work better” now Hubstaff has over 60 remote team members is represented in 18 countries with more than 34,000 business customers (and counting). Let’s just go trough all the features to give you the best possible review so you can make the decision if Hubstaff is right for you and your business.
- Focus more on completing work than tracking it
- Timesheet app records time spent on projects
- Smart web, desktop, and mobile apps
- Feature-rich dashboard for easy team management
- Automatic start and stop based on location
- Limit time tracking to job sites
- See routes are taken and time spent
- Detailed reports with time and location data
- See work in progress with optional screenshots
- Track app and URL activity
- Capture activity levels based on keyboard and mouse usage
- Easily export timesheets and reports
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook
- Easily monitor mobile time and attendance
- Automate location tracking with geofences
- Keep teams moving — Hubstaff runs in the background
- Download on iOS and Android devices
- Build project budgets based on hours, bill rate, or pay rates
- Set limits and receive notifications as they’re approached
- Dig into reports with key insights for future planning
- Pull everything together with dozens of Hubstaff integrations
- Build detailed and actionable time reports
- Avoid errors with accurate timesheet reporting
- Craft budgets and know a project’s true cost
- Pay your team based on hours worked
- Keep track of employees hours
- Easy-to-use desktop and mobile apps
- Combine work tracking, billing, and payroll
- Integrates with major payment and accounting solutions
- Timesheet and payroll software for businesses of all sizes
- Headache-free time and expense reporting
- Precise time cards for accurate payroll
- A streamlined process for managing teams and payments
- Improve team productivity and get more done
- Daily activity rates, app and URL tracking
- Accurate time tracking
- Integrates with many project management solutions
- Easily track billable time with simple apps
- Automate invoicing for quick payments
- Generate professional invoices in minutes
- Track invoice statuses in one place
- Online scheduling and attendance reporting
- Team management with shift planning
- Availability and time-off requests in one place
- An easy clock-in system with time tracking
Easy to Use – The software is user friendly and it takes no time to learn how to use it.
Thorough Tracking Options – Great tools that help you track your employees’ work.
Integrated Task Management Platform – Allows for agile style task management that feeds appropriate tasks to user’s timers.
Customer Service – Great customer service always eager to help with any inconvenience you may encounter.
Compatible with Operating System of Choice – Lightweight native applications for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, and the Chrome browser.
Lack of Currency Options – Or different pay rates.
Productivity Measurement – Productivity is measured based on activity only which is a problem if you are on a conference call or taking a course.
Privacy Invasion – Taking random screenshots of your employees work can lead to privacy invasion.
- Time tracking
- Activity levels
- Limited screenshots & payments
Basic ($7 per user each month, OR $5.83 per user annually)
- Unlimited screenshots & integrations
- Scheduling & attendance
- Time off options
- 24-hour support
Premium ($10 per user each month OR $8.33 per user annually)
All basic features including:
- Client & project budgets
- Timesheet approvals
- Weekly limits
Enterprise ($20 per user each month OR $16.67 per user annually)
All features including:
- Unlimited teams
- VIP support
- Unlimited job sites
- Concierge account setup
We hope that this review helped you make a decision whether or not to use Hubstaff for your business. You can cancel and upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time also have a 14 days free trial and 60-day money-back guarantee so there is no harm in checking it out. Let us know in the comments if this was helpful for you or what type of tracking tool you use to track your employees?